Organization of the Department of Justice
The Department of Justice is headed by the Deputy Minister, who provides advice and support to the Minister and acts as the main interface between the political and administrative functions of government.
The Department of Justice is a medium-sized department with around 5,000 employees. Roughly one half of departmental staff are lawyers. The other half is made up of a broad range of professionals, including paralegals, social scientists, program managers, communications specialists, administrative services personnel, computer service professionals, and financial officers.
The Department delivers services through a mix of co-located departmental legal services units, specialized branches located within the Department of Justice and a network of six regional offices located across the country.
The organizational structure chart provides an overview of how the Department is organized, and it includes the names of those who occupy key leadership positions.
Minister, Hon. Jody Wilson-Raybould
- Office of the Federal Ombudsman for Victims of Crime, Susan O'Sullivan
- Deputy Minister, Nathalie G. Drouin, Ad. E.
- Associate Deputy Minister, A. François Daigle
- Chief Results Delivery Officer, Stan Lipinski
- Chief General Counsel, Robert Frater, Q.C.
- A/Director General, Criminal Justice System Review, Stephen Mihorean
- Chief Audit Executive, Inanc Yazar
- Director General, Review of Laws and Policies Secretariat, Patrick Boucher
- Director General, Communications, Shirley Anne Off
- SADM, Policy Sector, Donald K. Piragoff
- A/ADM, Aboriginal Affairs Portfolio, Linda Dolan
- ADM, Public Safety, Defence and Immigration Portfolio, Elisabeth Eid
- ADM, Tax Law Services Portfolio, Lynn Lovett
- ADM, Business and Regulatory Law Portfolio, Andrew Saranchuk
- ADM, Central Agencies Portfolio, Isabelle T. Jacques
- ADAG National Litigation Sector, Geoffrey Bickert, Q.C.
- ADM, Public Law and Legislative Services, Laurie-Catherine Wright
- ADM and CFO, Management Sector, Johanne Bernard
- Director General, Legal Practices Sector, Richard Tardif
- Date modified: